Morris Heights Health Center (MHHC) is looking for a Dynamic Pediatrician to join the MHHC Family. This Pediatrician
will plan and carry out medical care for children from birth through adolescence
to aid in mental and physical growth and development by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition or presence
of disease or injury.
- Determines nature and extent of disease or injury.
- Prescribes and administers medications and immunizations.
- Establishes preventive health practices.
- Coordinates a program of primary care with responsibility for examination,
diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Provides medical treatment and advice to patients as may be indicated.
Evaluates patients of designated age, and serves as a consultant in pediatric
medicine. Secures case history and other relevant information. Examines
patient. Utilizes laboratory and x-ray diagnostic tests, interpreting
findings for differential diagnosis; diagnoses ailments and performs necessary
treatment, carrying out such follow-up treatment as may be medically indicated.
- Refers or admits patients with serious conditions to the hospital for
inpatient care. Provides inpatient medical follow-up and assists specialist
in providing treatment for such patients.
- Consults with appropriate specialists as may be necessary in the management
of complex clinical cases.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive pediatric health programs
such as immunizations, disease detection and prevention activities.
- Considers, in association with other health care professionals, the scope
of the patient's family health environment and coordinates an Education
Program for patients and children in personal health guidance.
- Furnishes pediatric health consultations for community groups in the area.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a performance improvement
program, including the medical record, protocols for the medical management
of identified health programs and an internal medical audit mechanism.
- Participates in the system established by the Center to generate patient
utilization data for the purposes of program evaluation and reporting
to the Bureau of Primary Health Care.
- Furnishes guidance, supervision and pediatric protocols for mid level
health care providers.
Provides medical supervision to the assigned staff or nurse, nurse practitioner,
assistants, medical residents, student and other paraprofessionals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Medical degree from a medical college approved by the American Medical
- Completed internship and residency training from an approved medical facility.
- Two or more years of experience as a Family Practitioner is preferred
- Board certified or board eligible by specialty board.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability
to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Write speeches and articles using original or innovation techniques or
style. Make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial
or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or broad of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms,
quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations
to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability
and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory
and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide
range of intellectual and practical problems. The ability to deal with
nonverbal symbolism (formulas) scientific equation, graphs, musical notes,
etc.) In its most difficult phases. Also, the ability to deal with a variety
of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid New York State license
- Must have Infection Control certification by a State approved facility
- Must have current copy of DEA Certificate
- Must have CPR/BLS certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel a; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job including close vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Evaluated six months after initial appointment date and annually thereafter.
These area will be examined: Clinical practice, chart reviews, productivity,
attendance, leadership, patient satisfaction and interpersonal/Customer
Service skills. In addition, a patient evaluation will be conducted every
two years at the time of reappointment.
HEALTH CARE WORKERS AT SPECIAL RISK
Health care workers who have disease/conditions and/or being treated with
agents are at special risk for contracting infectious diseases, including
TB and HBV and through occupational exposure to high risk populations.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
All workers are under the obligation to follow rules and regulations pertaining
to safety and security. Failure to comply with safety and security rules
and regulations will result in disciplinary action and ultimately employment
will be terminated.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
This position entails some exposure to blood or body fluids. Appropriate
personal protective equipment is required for some functions and will
be provided by the Center.