Heights Health Center (MHHC) is seeking a
Registered Dietician to join our Health Education Department. The incumbent will develop and
implement a plan of care based on the assessment of nutritional needs
for patients with issues including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension,
high cholesterol, weight management and HIV.
· Works collaboratively with the primary care teams and counsels
individuals, families and community residents in nutritional principles,
dietary plans, food selection and economics bearing in mind the individuals’
cultural background and lifestyle.
· Documents dietary history, assessment and nutritional goal setting
in patients records.
· Works and collaborates with the chronic disease management team
in planning, organizing and implementing group education sessions on diabetes,
hypertension and any other programs as needed.
· Compiles materials on proper nutrition and keeps patients, staff
and community residents aware of the ongoing education programs.
· Keeps abreast of available funds for the development of nutritional programs.
· Prepares the required data reports needed monthly by the granting agency.
· Participates in education and outreach efforts to the community
as requested by the supervisor.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition Sciences,
Community Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition or Dietetics from an accredited
College or University. Should have a minimum of two years of experience
as a Nutritionist, preferably in a WIC program. Registered Dietician (RD)
and Certified Dietician and Nutritionist (CDN) certifications are required.
Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
Must be flexible to work some evenings and some Saturday