Morris Heights Health Center (MHHC) is seeking a results-focused Administrator of Clinical Informatics (CI)
to be responsible for leadership and direction of MHHC’s Clinical
Informatics projects by leading the implementation of and providing ongoing
support for projects related to the electronic health record (EHR) including
but not limited to:
• standardization of workflow and data capturing across all electronic systems;
• utilization of all electronic systems;
• integration of clinical objectives and information technology
• optimization analytic usage and reporting.
The Administrator of CI is responsible for development, coordination, support,
completion of workflow mapping, project advancements, resources and implementation
focused on all Clinical Informatics initiatives. This includes (but not
limited to) computerized provider order entry (CPOE) and documentation,
new and existing technology that would help supports our clinician workflow.
The Administrator will participate in development and implementation of
analytical means to identify trends, outcomes and indicators related to
quality, cost and efficiency performance of clients' healthcare experience.
He/she will be responsible for the clinical analytics life-cycle in order
to identify, analyze and present relevant insights that drive business
decisions and anticipate opportunities to achieve a competitive advantage.
- Lead and be the gate keeper of all activities on eCW, the eCW team, and
all modification of template(s) and workflow(s) with in eCW for MHHC.
- Be the leading conduit between the clinical and IT team when it comes to
program measures, appropriate document for reporting and mapping consistence
in eCW, utilizing new and existing technology tools.
- Lead the implementation and support of the organization and department-wide
standardization, utilization, integration, optimization, and best practices
activities related to the EHR and other clinical informatics initiatives.
- Be the leading driving force for Regulatory Agencies, Funders, and other
Stakeholders reporting: UDS, HEDIS, Meaningful Use, Managed Care Organizations,
NYSDOH...using new and existing technology tools (Azara, Zenith, LabCorp..., etc.).
- Project leader for CPOE and Evidenced-Based Clinical Documentation (EBCD)
and other technology implementations that support clinician workflow.
- Lead the resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from all departments
or other health system service resources. Works with the eCW and technical
IT teams to lead the development of new EHR components to ensure most
efficient clinical workflow for MHHC.
- Ongoing monitoring of various EHR utilization trends, provider performance
and identifying gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address
areas of concern.
- Establishes regular communication with facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO’s),
Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and VP of Information
Technology to engage them as key contacts regarding process and review
of workflow analysis to identify workflow improvements.
- Provides input, updates and communication on clinical informatics initiatives
at medical staff, leadership, and other hospital committees as needed.
- Lead the designing and development of education/training materials in CPOE,
EBCD, etc. to support staff training and continued education as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics or related field; Master’s
degree is preferred
- Must have previous experience facilitating large projects which includes
implementation of health technology
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to follow-up
and develop positive relationships with providers, staff and external parties
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Clinical/Healthcare Informatics, clinical
applications support, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in the community health center arena is preferred
ABOUT MORRIS HEIGHTS HEALTH CENTER:
Since 1981, Morris Heights Health Center (MHHC) has had a record of distinction
as the major provider of health care to Morris Heights and its surrounding
areas in the Bronx. We've provided quality primary healthcare services
to all members of the community, including the medically, socially and
economically disadvantaged - from medical and dental services to counseling.
Morris Heights Health Center offers a highly competitive and comprehensive
benefits package for our employees and their families. Our benefits coverage
includes medical insurance, dental insurance, a prescription-drug plan,
flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance,
life insurance, paid time-off, and tuition reimbursement. In addition
to the non-contributory profit-sharing plan, employees are encouraged
to participate in our pre-tax savings plan.
MHHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination
in employment in every location in which MHHC has facilities.